Monday, September 8, 2008

Time Management: How to Give Yourself the Sacred Gift of Time

Ask any entrepreneur what their most valuable commodity is and, they’ll probably say it’s their time. Unlike money, resources, ideas and faith (which can all increase) time remains constant; no matter whom you are or what you do, there are only 24 hours in a day to live your dreams and goals. So, why do entrepreneurs often struggle with time? Especially, taking time for you?

As a conscious entrepreneur, you most likely have an abundance of creative ideas you want to implement in your business. And, it’s not unreasonable for you to stay up late or perhaps work on weekends to pursue the passion that wants to be expressed through your business. Taking time to pursue your dreams in this way is part of the entrepreneurial journey (as long as you’re not working late every night).

But, what about sacred time for yourself? Time for you to reconnect with your spiritual essence, time for reflection, meditation, contemplation and insight; time to pray, journal and ask for God’s guidance? This is the most valuable time you’ll ever experience, and it has a direct effect on your bottom-line.

With the accelerated journey I’m on after the release of my book (The Freedom Formula) on Amazon.com, I’m remembering how much of a priority it is to give myself the sacred gift of time… it’s as essential to my success as my marketing is. And, it is for you, too.

Recently, I’ve been shifting into some new ways to enjoy the sacred gift of time to simply be with myself, and with God. I’d like to share two of these with you right now in hopes that you, too, will commit to enjoying more time taking care of your heart and soul.

1. Journaling. One of my favorite ways to connect with my soul is through journaling. I love how the words simply flow from my pen. Sometimes I’ll write about those things I’m grateful for; sometimes I’ll write about a specific issues that hasn’t been resolved and ask for the solution to reveal itself to me; sometimes I’ll write about a recent success and everything I learned through that experience; sometimes I’ll simply begin by writing, “today I feel…” and take it from there; sometimes I write about the miracles that show up in my life everyday. Your journaling options are truly endless.

One of the most joyous things I’m experiencing in my recent journaling is that I’m writing in a journal I created myself. With the guidance of some creative friends at the Evolutionary Women’s Retreat, I took a simple composition book and proceeded to decorate the cover (and every single page inside) with beautiful words and photos I cut from magazines. Now, when I open my journal, I receive a unique message on every page… sometimes that message alone is the prompt for my journal entry.

So, I encourage you to take a look at your own experience with journaling and if you haven’t done it in a while, or simply need to shift the intention for your journaling, now is the time. Enjoy this sacred time to communicate with the essence of who you really are.

2. Mindful Walking. This is another one of my favorite ways to connect with myself and embrace some time to simply BE, and remember my Divine nature. Often I find my mind becomes still when my body is in motion, so mindful walking really works for me. With this activity, I have changed my usual cardiovascular exercise routine (on the elliptical with techno music playing on my iPod) to a glorious morning walk around my hilly neighborhood listening to inspirational songs by Karen Drucker.

The beauty of mindful walking is that you simultaneously take care of your physical body, while nourishing your soul with the nature that surrounds you and the gift of inspirational music that lifts your spirit. I’ll often find myself singing along, “When I start my day with love, that’s what I get more of, is love.” And, you can’t help but have a glorious day when it begins like this!

One of your responsibilities, as a conscious entrepreneur, is to do what you must to stay connected to your soul. You have a huge mission in the world and so many lives to touch through your work; giving yourself this sacred gift of time needs to be a priority so you can stay inspired, grounded and fulfilled as you pursue your entrepreneurial dreams.

© 2008 Christine Kloser

Would you like to use this article? You may as long as you include the following information along with the article: Christine Kloser, author of The Fre^edom Formula, helps small business owners put soul in their business and money in the bank. If you want to enjoy a purpose-driven business and a soul-satisfying life, send for my special report, How to Avoid the 3 Massive Mistakes Made by Most Conscious Entrepreneurs and my audio, 7 Strategies Entrepreneurial Authors Need to Know... Before Writing a Word, both of which you get (at no charge) when you request my Conscious Business Success Kit at www.LoveYourLife.com.

No comments: