Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When is "Enough", Enough?

"The million" honestly doesn't mean anything in a business until you have a better whole view of the business; its mission, vision, purpose, and financials.. and an idea of the priorities and lifestyle vision of the business owner.


Many of you feel like you "should" hit the million-dollar mark because that's what you see other people doing, (and we all know how over-marketed and over-hyped that is so I'll spare you any more of that).


The truth is if a $75,000 business serves your mission, vision, purpose and expenses just fine and you are HAPPY with that, there's no reason to grow to a million if you don't want to. Striving for someone else's dream only leaves you feeling exhausted, unfulfilled and "less than" who you truly are. And, that's not what conscious entrepreneurship is about... it's about doing what's right for YOU, right now to fulfill your purpose and mission here on earth, and feel JOY while doing so. There is no where to "get," it's about the journey of your soul's expression through your business, and your life.


Which brings me to the second part of the answer to my colleague's "enough is enough" question. It became clear to me that "enough will be enough" when I see a change in how business is conducted in the United States and the world... where business actually becomes the way in which positive change comes about.


After all, commerce is what makes much of the world work (or not work). So, if we can make a change from the bottom-up... from small businesses just like yours to massive corporations... and truly have a unified model for conscious business to contribute to our evolution... THEN enough will be enough for me.


I've been telling people that I'm happily obsessed with the work I feel I've been called here to do for right now. Believe me, if it were up to my rational thinking mind, I wouldn't be doing half the things I'm doing right now. I'd be spending a lot more time doing nothing; which is exactly the balancing act I'm figuring out for myself. How do I pursue the passionate mission I've been called to, while taking extreme care of myself?


There is so much change to occur in our world as we evolve into a new reality, that I sometimes feel like I have to keep going full steam ahead because the only time it'll be enough is when I SEE large-scale change, (rather than destruction and constriction) when it comes to business... especially in the U.S.


But, full steam ahead doesn't work for very long if I haven't given myself what I need at a deep level to keep going. And, so my own journey continues as I ongoingly reflect on this question of "enough is enough." And, I do my best to be gentle with myself as I discover how to continue on my mission of changing the face of business in the world, while keeping myself nourished, nurtured, relaxed, peaceful, joyful and happy all the while.


It's an exciting journey, indeed... one I'm grateful to be sharing with you.

© 2009 Christine Kloser

Would you like to use this article? You may as long as you include the following information along with the article: Christine Kloser, author of The Freedom Formula, helps entrepreneurs put soul in their business and money in the bank. If you want to thrive in your purpose-driven, profitable business (while enjoying a soul-satisfying life), send for my special report, How to Avoid the 3 Massive Mistakes Made by Most Conscious Entrepreneurs and my audio, 7 Strategies Entrepreneurial Authors Need to Know... Before Writing a Word, both of which you get (at no charge) when you request my Conscious Business Success Kit at www.LoveYourLife.com.

There seems to be a sigh of relief and gratitude from many of you who read the first part of this article series last week on how a "million isn't really a million." I appreciate all of your kind responses and your appreciation of the transparency in which I shone light on what seemed to be an energized topic for many of you.

No comments: