Tuesday, July 20, 2010

From Laziness to Leadership

By Christine Kloser

What would it look like to lead your life in every moment of every day? I’ve been asking myself this question lately. You’d think being the leader that I am out there in the world with my business… that I’d be leading everywhere in my life.

But, I’m human. And, there are places in my life where I haven’t been leading myself at the level I know I can. So, I’m going to open the vault and share with you something that keeps me from leading EVERYWHERE in my life, and what steps you and I both can take to shift them.

One of the things that keeps me from leading everywhere in my life is laziness. You may be shocked to hear this because I probably don’t appear as someone who is lazy. But, I’ve discovered that often times I put all of my focus and energy into helping my clients step into their greatness, that when I’m not working on my business, I want to take a break and not step into my leadership 100% of the time. I convince myself that when I’m “off duty” I deserve to rest.

Now, just in case you’re saying “yes” of course you deserve a break, you should relax and take some down time for yourself… I’m not talking about that kind of rest. I’ve talking about allowing my consciousness to rest, and that’s not OK with me. In fact, letting my consciousness rest is what gets me in trouble.

It’s not pleasant to admit this to you, or to myself. But, it’s important for me to share it now as I’m being called to uplevel my personal leadership in bigger ways. This all came into more clarity this morning as I was talking with my husband about the work we’re doing with our spiritual teacher. So it’s fresh in my mind and ripe for sharing… and shifting. I hope it is serving you, too!

So, my antidote to laziness is to live my life as who I am when I’m doing my highest work at the Freedom Retreats. At the Freedom Retreats, I am 100% present, connected to Source, available, tuned-in, direct, loving, open to wisdom, trusting, trusted, and masterful in creating the space and safety to facilitate deep transformation and freedom. Literally, the Freedom Retreats feel like heaven on earth for me, and the participants.

Showing up in this way in every moment is going to help me, personally, experience a deeper level of freedom for myself. I don’t expect it to happen overnight, but I do expect myself to take steps in this direction everyday.

So, let me ask you, now… do you look at your life and see pockets of leadership and pocket of laziness? If so, I encourage you to look at who you are when you show up as a leader, and how you can translate that into those areas of your life where you are lazy.

And, now for a word of caution… be gentle and compassionate with yourself. Discovering new things about yourself can be unpleasant and challenging. Remember that you are a spiritual being having a human experience. And, everything you discover that is keeping your soul from living its highest expression in this life… is SERVING you. You are here to experience freedom in the highest possible way. Celebrate those times you discover what’s holding you back… they are in fact the key to your freedom!

[Note: Here’s a link to watch a my music video for "The Key to Freedom." Enjoy! www.loveyourlife.com/keytofreedom]

© 2010 Christine Kloser

Would you like to use this article? You may as long as you include the following information along with the article: Christine Kloser is the award-winning author of The Freedom Formula and Conscious Entrepreneurs. She is widely recognized as an expert in the field of conscious entrepreneurship having spoken alongside such luminaries as Neale Donald Walsch, Dr. Joe Vitale, Arielle Ford, James Twyman and Marianne Williamson. Christine works with entrepreneurs to embrace a new paradigm of success… helping them experience true freedom and fulfillment in their life and their business. Get a F R E E chapter of her award-winning book, The Freedom Formula at www.thefreedomformula.com/freechapter.

No comments: