Wednesday, December 20, 2006

3 Reasons to be Grateful You're a Conscious Entrepreneur

3 Reasons to Be Grateful You’re a Conscious Entrepreneur
by Christine Kloser, “The Conscious Business Coach”

An attitude of gratitude is one of your greatest assets as a business owner, and a human being. Gratitude has the power to transform your life simply by the changes that occur when you change your perspective. This is especially true when you’re facing some of the challenges that come along with business ownership.

To help you stay on track, and connected to the powerful energy associated with the feeling of gratitude, here are a few reason to be grateful you’re a conscious entrepreneur.

Creating the Life of Your Dreams
As a Conscious Entrepreneur, you have the freedom to create the life you’ve always dreamed possible. Chances are you’re an entrepreneur because your dreams were too big (or too different) than “the norm” in the corporate world. Just look around you at some of the greatest entrepreneurs in the world: Bill Gates, Michael Gerber, Oprah Winfrey (go, Oprah!) and dare I say it, Martha Stewart… they were all “out of the box” thinkers. They had a “world” they wanted to make a reality for themselves and everyone they touched. They knew their way of “being” and “thinking” in their business was the ticket to realizing their dreams. And, they were committed to making their dreams reality, even when nobody believed in them, but themselves.

Yes, this is a huge reason to be grateful. I often count my blessings about being a conscious business owner because it’s granted me the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of my clients and customers, move across the country, purchase a brand-new custom home, be available to raise my daughter, make a great living and ENJOY what I do! I’m not saying being responsible for a successful business is a “walk in the park”, because it’s not. It has its’ fair share of challenges, hurdles and hard decisions. What I am saying is that you’d most likely rather embrace and learn from your hurdles, accept those hard decisions and discover solutions for your challenges than give up on your dream.

Life-Long Learning
Sometimes this reason feels crummy, but overall, non-stop learning is one the most valuable benefits you can receive by being a Conscious Entrepreneur. You see, entrepreneurship requires you to be “in school” every day. If you ever think you know it all, you’re in trouble. Why? Because your industry, your customer needs and challenges, your marketing methods and business trends are always evolving and changing. I personally don’t know anyone whose business is the same today as it was only one year ago.

All of this growth, evolution and transformation requires you to learn. The beautiful thing about this is that knowledge is power, and is closely connected to your bottom-line. The more you know, the more valuable you are to your clients and customers, the more you become visible as an expert, and the more opportunities you’ll have to attract more income. But, keep in mind, it’s your responsibility to share your knowledge with your target market and tell them exactly how you can help them. This was the biggest hurdle for me to overcome. I always felt I knew a LOT about business, but it wasn’t until I started truly sharing exactly what I knew and how I could help my clients that people started paying me thousands of dollars a day to have access to what I know. Learn from everything you experience in your business, then help others learn from you!

Being Fully “Who You Are”
If you’ve ever had a job where you didn’t feel fully self-expressed, you can especially relate to this reason. I remember my first post-college job. I worked at a radio station as an account executive… and hated it. There wasn’t anything about “selling air” that excited me, and no real purpose to my work. I could care less if the bar down the street got more customers for happy hour, or if the mattress store sold more mattresses. It just wasn’t my cup of tea. What I love most about being a conscious entrepreneur, and what I invite you to embrace, is the extreme good fortune you have to be yourself in the world. In fact, it’s your uniqueness, your “quirkiness”, your individual style that gets to shine when you’re a conscious business owner.

Imagine how different your life would be if you had to conform to what others thought you should do, “play small” to keep others happy, hide your true essence because it might not be accepted, or be anything less than your best self.

This, my friends, is why it’s good to remember the many reasons to be grateful you are a conscious entrepreneur. Write down your reasons and keep them in a special place. Then, whenever you’re faced with fear, doubt and worry, take out your list and remember why you’re grateful for the thrilling journey of your business… and your life.

© 2006 Christine Kloser


Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Christine Kloser "The Conscious Business Coach," publishes the revolutionary ‘Conscious Business Connection’ ezine. If you're ready to integrate business strategies with intangible/Universal principles to help you achieve results faster… and easier, visit www.ConsciousBusinessCircle.com.

No comments: