Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How to Succeed as a Conscious Entrepreneur

If there’s one thing you and I should know about success, it’s that it doesn’t happen alone. I once heard Loral Langemeier say “There’s no such thing as a self-made millionaire.” She’s absolutely right. There isn’t. There couldn’t be. Ask any person who has hit six or seven figures in their business and they’ll all tell you they didn’t do it alone. I know this is true for me.

When I got really serious about being a successful and conscious business owner (about 3 years ago), I set out on a mission to learn from those who had already achieved what I wanted to achieve… success with a purpose. I became extremely curious about how other people did this because I wanted to learn from them, model them and implement what they taught me in my own life and business.

This journey led me to interviewing dozens of highly successful conscious entrepreneurs, each of whom gave me nuggets of wisdom that deeply affected my life. My mission for this article series is to share these nuggets of wisdom with you in hopes they will help you reach your goals and dreams.

Insight #1: “Business Is Your Highest Spiritual Understanding Demonstrated”
Wisdom From: Neale Donald Walsch, Author of Conversations with God

I remember the moment vividly. I was conducting an interview with Neale Donald Walsch during my 2nd annual Conscious Entrepreneurs Tele-summit with a hundred listeners on the line… and I began to cry. I had basically gone through all of my interview questions for Neale and still had 15 minutes left in the interview. So, I asked him, “Is there anything else you’d like to share on this topic?” (Praying he’d say something to fill the next 15 minutes of time.) It was then that he told me, and everyone listening, “business is your highest spiritual understanding demonstrated.”

This was the moment everything changed for me. It was the first moment I “got” that business and spirituality are not mutually exclusive. Up until that moment, I had hoped, imagined, dreamed and envisioned that I could be a deeply spiritual person in my life and have a profitable, purposeful business based on spiritual principles. When Neale shared this statement with me, my hopes and dreams turned into KNOWING. That is what made me cry. I finally knew it was possible, and I wasn’t crazy for thinking Spirit and business belonged together.

Something To Think About: What would be possible for you if you allowed your highest spiritual understandings to be demonstrated through your business?

Insight #2: “Just Believe”
Wisdom From: David Neagle, Creator of Experience the Reality of Success


Before learning from David Neagle, I honestly felt that a six-figure business was the biggest business I could imagine for myself. Even though I considered myself a “big thinker”… I was still thinking small. (And, I believed I had to do all the hard work required of a big business owner.) David helped me realize that nothing could be further from the truth; that if I simply believed that a bigger dream was possible for me, the details would be revealed. And, that’s exactly what happened.


It was David who first truly helped me understand the power of my mind to create my reality. I had always known this was true but doubt kept creeping in… or if I’m being 100% honest here, doubt used to whack me on the head on a regular basis. When you believe (not only in yourself, but in the power of the Universe) things begin to unfold. I know this sounds simple; it is. But, it’s not necessarily easy (especially when what appears to be “reality” is telling you to run and hide). But, the journey of believing is worth it, and it can change everything.


Something To Think About: What old belief do you want to let go of (one that no longer serves you)? What positive new belief would you like to replace it with?


I feel so blessed that 3 years ago I began to learn directly from the dozens of mentors and experts I’ve interviewed. It’s their wisdom that continues to help me stay focused and calm when things get tough. So, stay tuned for Part 2 of this series next week where I’ll share two more nuggets of wisdom with you.

No comments: